UPDATE: Sony has recently revealed the new boxart for Ghost of Sparta on their blog. Why, I don't know. The white background, tied with his white, ash-stained body helps with the name of the game. Does the artwork fail as bad as Heavy Rain did? No. But it's still pretty fucking stupid. I've kept the original (left) up to compare to the new one (right).
Hot. Damn. Sony just unveiled the ultimate trifecta of gaming goodness: a release date, official boxart and pre-order incentives.
God of War: Ghost of Sparta is setting to release on November 2, and there are actually multiple ways of getting your second God of War interquel fix.
First up, pre-order the game from either Amazon, Best Buy or GameStop and receive an exclusive DLC pack...for free! When's the last time you got free DLC for any game that wasn't on Steam?
- Ghost of Sparta Original Soundtrack
- PSP Theme
- PS3 Dynamic Theme
- Exclusive PlayStation Network Kratos Avatar
- Legionnaire Kratos Skin
- EXCLUSIVE Game Directors Documentary – A full length featured video roundtable with all of the past and present Game Directors for the God of War franchise in front of a live studio audience, including: David Jaffe, Cory Barlog, Stig Asmussen, Ru Weerasuiya and Dana Jan.
A round table with David Jaffe? I'd love to see how that goes down...
Next, there is the God of War-themed PSP, which is a black and red two-toned PSP-3000 (or the PSP brite). Sony doesn't have a shot of the PSP in question, but I'm expecting something incredibly similar to the last GoW-themed PSP we got.
- Black and Red Two-Toned PSP-3000
- God of War: Ghost of Sparta UMD Game
- God of War: Chains of Olympus PlayStation Network Downloadable Game Voucher
- Kick Ass – UMD Movie
- 2 GB Memory Stick Pro Duo
Both God of War PSP games in the system bundle with a movie that doesn't suck? I think Sony is actually starting to get the hang of this whole "game/system bundle" business.