Same rules apply: short n' sweet.
- "the Wii U will be the main attraction" - Correct - That it was, and they couldn't stop talking about it.
- "may even change the name of the system to something not as fucking stupid" - Keep Dreaming - With games like New Super Mario Bros. U and ZombiU incorporating the subtitle into their name, "Wii U" is here to stay.
- "one piece of info we're not getting: the price" - Again, Correct - They didn't say a release date. We're probably going to have to wait until TGS in September.
- "[a] fucking hard drive" - GOD DAMN IT! - Seriously, Nintendo. Get on the fucking ball.
- "Let [it] play movies!" - No Word Yet - File this under "TBD".
- "Nintendo Network" - Somewhat - They didn't talk too much about it, because they had their hard-on about the Miiverse.
- "user accounts" - Nothing
- "Achieveables" - Look, In the Above Line!
- "Cross-game voice chat" - It's a Bird! A Plane!
- "party/clan systems" - No, It's Nintendo Not Talking About Their Online Network*
- "the ability to upconvert Wii games into HD" - I'm Still Hoping - If I can't pop in Metroid Prime Trilogy, or either Zelda game, and not get it upconverted, oh, I'll be pissed.
- "release a series of HD compilations of certain games" - TBD - Who's to say they may do so?
- "Mario" - Yes - New Super Mario Bros. U is scheduled to hit in the "launch window"
- "Metroid" - Nope - They better not skip out; using the GamePad as the Scan visor would be awesome
- "StarFox" - No - Again, don't ignore Fox
- "Pikmin" - Finally - Pikmin 3, probably the best fitting Nintendo IP for the GamePad, is coming within the launch window.
- "I don't anticipate a new Zelda announcement, but rather, Nintendo going full-steam with thatTwilight Princess HD...I wouldn't doubt it if it was at least announced" - Half Right - While they did not announce a new Zelda game, they did not announce a Twilight Princess remake.
- "I'd like to see a lot of love from is Ubisoft" - Oh Yea - Ubisoft was probably the most prolific of the third party support
- "Assassin's Creed" - In the Montage - Assassin's Creed III is coming to the Wii U
- "what could we get from Tom Clancy, asides from Ghost Recon Online...a revival of EndWar could be possible, but god, I hope not." - ...yes? - We already know the Tom Clancy brand is hitting the Wii U, but thankfully, EndWar is not coming.
- "don't expect any Splinter Cell announcements" - Correct - Non-Ironside Sam is staying on the current-gen systems
- "Beyond Good & Evil 2" - FFFFUUUUU - Of fucking course, they say nothing.
- "Activision bring[ing] Black Ops II" - Not Yet? - While it wasn't announced at the show, don't be surprised if Black Ops 2 doens't end up on the Wii U.
- "Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate" - Yep - In the 3DS montage, and will be shown off at tomorrow night's 3DS dedicated event.
- "I'd like to see some Metroid love (will it be Dread? Highly unlikely)" - Partial - No Metroid, and no Dread.
- "Nintendo unveiling a 3DS redesign; I wouldn't expect it" - Correct - Nothing at their Tuesday conference, but who's to say it may show up at their Wednesday night conference?
- "see more third-party support [for the 3DS]" - Definitely - There's a ton of third-party support planned; we just need to see them in full form during the 3DS conference tomorrow.
- "A Link to the Past 3D remake" - Maybe? - Again, tomorrow night, and we'll know for sure.
- "that Zelda game that Aonuma mentioned" - See Above
Let's get those tallies going!
Correct : 11
Partial : 3
TBD : 10 (!)
Wrong : 5
Total - 69% - Wow, I did better than Microsoft. Now, those TBDs, remember, they don't count for or against; they're sitting in the ether. These could change later this week, with some show-floor unveilings, or at tomorrow night's 3DS presser. Regardless, I did best with Nintendo this year. Go figure...
*Bad Superman reference is bad.